1. Rub your face with milk, after it dries, rub face with salt. The dirt will come out. Now put the mixture of lemon and honey on the face and after it dries down, wash with lukewarm water.
2. Make a paste of 'Jau ka ata', lemon, curd, rose water and apply once a week as face pack. Especially good for oily skin.
3. Mix lemon and tomato juice in equal quantity and apply on face. After 30 minutes wash the face.
4. One of the best methods for fair skin and lightening the complexion is to add half teaspoon of lemon juice in two big spoons of cucumber juice with a little turmeric. Apply it on the face. Wash the face after 30 minutes. The complexion will be fair. Do it at least once a week.
5. For dark circles under the eye, cut potato in two parts and place under the eye, lie down on the bed for 15 minutes. You can also rub the potato under the eyes lightly.
6. Avoid harsh sun rays. While going out use sunscreen.
In Indian sub-continent fairness is a dream for most people. For girls it is an even bigger problem as 'gora rang' is a criterion in selection of bride.
Though more than colour and complexion, it is the texture and the smoothness of skin that should matter but unfortunately the fairness is cherished. Above mentioned tips can possibly help you in improving your complexion.